Chinese Sweet Sour Fish

I m craving for any chinese dishes since I started get this 2nd pregnancy. To but and eat them, of course they are expensive, one day, I decided to make them myself. And as a result, my husband said, "no need to go to the Chinese restaurant anymore. You cook like a Cook!".. Hehe, kembang tau!

Here you go:

Fish (siakap la best), marinate with salt n white peppers.
Coat with cornstarch.
Deep fry.
Put aside.

For the gravy:

1 inch ginger - roughly sliced
1 yellow onion - roughly sliced
8-10 cherry tomatoes, or 1 diced big tomatoes
* 1/2 tbsp tomato kecthup
* 4 tbsp sweet chillies
* 1 tbsp sugar
* 1 tsp soy sauce
* 1 tbsp cornstarch
* a pinch of salt (dont want to put also ok)
Water

Mix all the ingredients marked *.
Heat 1 tbsp of oil. Tumis halia sampai wangi.
Add on onion n tomatoes, stir for 1 min.
Add on some water and ingredients marked *.
Cook until boil and pour on the fish.

No comments: